BMW Dashboard Warning Lights
If you own a BMW, chances are you’ve seen one or more of your dashboard warning lights switch on at some point. You may be confused by some of them, causing you to hurriedly flip through your owner’s manual or search online for some kind of guidance. Well, we have your solution.
Below, we show you the most common dashboard light indicators and warnings that you may experience while driving your BMW. In general, the color of the illuminated symbol will convey how severe the issue is.
- Red indicates an issue that requires immediate attention.
- Orange indicates a less urgent issue, such as a vehicle service requirement.
- Blue and green give you information on lights and indicators.
- Flashing warning lights also signal an urgent issue.
Lighting Indicators and BMW Dash Symbols
As you may have noticed, there are many symbols and indicators pertaining just to the lighting system in your BMW. Most are in green or blue.
- Turn Signal
- Headlamp Out OR Malfunction
- High Beams
- Automatic Headlamp Dimmer
- High Beam Asst
- Daytime Running Lights
- Tail Light
- Fog Lamp
Serious Warning Symbols
When something is seriously wrong with your vehicle, it’s vital that you pay attention. If you see these warning symbols while driving your BMW, stop the car immediately and get to a repair shop.
- Brake Warning
- Engine Coolant Temp
- Engine Oil Level
Oil Pressure Warning Lights
- Engine Oil Sensor and Level
- Charging System Warning Lights
Routine and Common Indicators
These symbols are all designed to indicate routine needs for your vehicle, such as when your windshield washer fluid is low and needs to be refilled, your door is open, your parking brake is on, or you have low battery power. Depending on the color and symbol that pops up, the severity will tell you whether a repair is imminent soon or is needed immediately.
- Low Fuel
- Low Washer Jet Fluid
- Flashing Light
- EML – Engine Management Light
- Parking Brake
- Seat Belt Reminder
- Service Needed
- Inspection Needed
- Problem with Stop/Start Technology
- Steering Lock Fault
- Traction Control is Off Or Inactive
- Traction Control is Off or Inactive
- Low Tire Pressure Warning Light
- Airbag Warning Light, Inactive
- Charging Light, Low Battery Power
- Brake Pads Low
- Cruise Control is On
- DPF Service
- DPF Service
- Oil Level Warning, Stop
- Oil Level Warning, Low
- Transmission Fault
- Handbrake Light
- Low Coolant Light
- Glow Plug Light
- ABS – Anti Braking System Light, Inactive
- Information Light
- Check Owner’s Manual
If you notice any of the above lights coming on, and you still don’t know what they mean or if the problem is critical, get in touch with your trusted BMW repair shop right away. Better to be safe than sorry!
Contact Hance’s European
To book an appointment for BMW service or repair, contact us at 214-857-6026. Rest assured, our repair shop is equipped with the tools, parts, and expertise needed for BMW vehicles.